Saturday, January 14, 2012

27 weeks...Farewell 2nd Tri

Time is flying. This is my last week in the 2nd trimester...which means this baby is comin'! The 26 week check up on Tuesday went well. Our doctor visits are pretty routine now but we're heading in every other week instead of once a month. Seriously, I can't believe how fast it's all going.

As far as we can tell, the mini is living it up in there. SO MUCH MOVING. My right side has taken a beating recently but I love it. I think there were little toes stuck in my ribs on Monday. I didn't love that as much. Baby K should be around 14-15" long and just over 2lbs...around the size of an eggplant for the next time you're perusing the produce section at the grocery store. In other updates...little Kirb's eyes are open, he or she is practicing breathing - leading to some serious hiccups,  lungs are still developing (to be able to get a nice, hearty 3am scream in the near future) but if the wee one were to be born now there's a really good chance all would be okay other than some time in NICU. Crazy.

13 more weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment