Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is from Jake. So we'll remember this time in life.


The things today I want to remember, so most days I don’t forget

I want to remember how I felt about you.
Driving across the country, can’t get there fast enough.
All the cojones it took to shave in your bathroom,
get dressed up and walk into a room of hundreds of people
that would shortly know my intentions.

The funny south that I ran from and love so much;
That almost got me trampled by a young boy’s pride on your dock.
Later the same dock that we sat, as close as we could
Wanting to absorb all that I could of you,
Without meeting our lips as if they would end me, and my adventure.

I want to remember how many people think we have a perfect thing going.
Even though I play humble, I know it is so good, they may never understand.

In this business I want to remember the dreams that we have.
To climb mountains together.
Walk on beaches in New Zealand
And peruse the Louvre.

I don’t want to forget that you would love to go to the beach more than anything
and let the sun warm your skin one February, while our house is buried in snow.

The joy of kids that I love so much because it reminds me
Of the fearless joy in all of us that I forget most days.
The fearless trust that everything is taken care of.
All there is to do today is play.
Smile, Laugh, Get as close as possible, Read a book together
Spin around, and chase balloons, thats all I have to do today.

I want to remember that we have friends that already love our child
And we know they will be such a great reflection of our Lord to them.

The times I lie awake with my hand on your belly as you sleep
Wishing, hoping, praying huge things for our little one.
Feeling already inadequate to take care.

The way you hold your belly already
As if to hug our little one growing in there.

The day I called you mom the first time, as our baby jumps and leaps
As if ready to roll out and conquer the world.

I don’t want to forget the feeling that you getting pregnant
Seems like a gracious touch from our heavenly Father,
Giving us a reprieve from the difficult situations we usually find in our path
So many of our friends are having trouble getting pregnant.
What a blessing this is.

My mom can’t call without getting choked up with joy
And finding courage to overcome fears to create something for memories.
The softness growing and my dad’s desire to buy trinkets to let it know that he cares.

I want to remember the importance of your dad’s eyes as he is filled with excitement.
Your sister’s desire to be close.
A mothers desire to be the best Grammie
Already before it’s even born.

Time with family
So they can see you smile.

My gift to you this season of Life
Smiles
Hugs
Full eyes
Stories
Rest
To go be with family

Inclosed is a plane flight to get you there this Dec.

No comments:

Post a Comment